Surname Jackobi - Meaning and Origin
all surnames with 'J'
Jackobi: What does the surname Jackobi mean?
The last name Jackobi is of an uncertain origin, but it is believed to be Jewish in nature. The family name’s first known appearance was in the middle of the 18th century in Eastern Europe, though its exact country of origin is unknown. Some claim the name is of Polish/Prussian origin, while others maintain it is of German extraction.
From a linguistic perspective, the name likely derives from the Hebrew language, specifically the word Yaakov, or Jacob in English. This may be an occupational name, indicating a position of authority held by family patriarchs. Other theories suggest that it is a variant of the name ‘Jackson’ or ‘Johnson’, or perhaps it could have had some other variant spelling in the past.
No matter the origin, the surname Jackobi is relatively rare today, likely due to its uncommon spelling and elusiveness during immigration. It seems to be mainly concentrated in the United States, though there are some cases in other countries such as Canada, Australia, and Europe.
Ultimately, the surname Jackobi is an interesting enigma, and it is likely that no one will ever know its exact origin, but this only serves to make it more intriguing.Order DNA origin analysis
Jackobi: Where does the name Jackobi come from?
The last name Jackobi is commonly found throughout the United States, with the most concentration in the Midwest and Southeast. According to the US Census Bureau, the states with the highest number of Jackobi’s are Texas, Tennessee, Georgia, and Arkansas, with a total population of nearly 4,000. In addition to the United States, the Jackobi surname can also be found in countries such as the Philippines, Canada, and Australia.
Jackobi is believed to be of German and English descent, although its precise etymology is uncertain. It is believed that the name was created from a combination of two different surnames, likely forming in the late 18th or early 19th century. Jackobi is also considered to be a rare surname, with the Social Security Death Index indicating that it is only held by approximately one thousand individuals in the United States.
In conclusion, the last name Jackobi is a relatively rare surname, with the majority of its occurrences being in the United States, particularly in the Midwest and Southeast. While the exact origin of the surname is uncertain, it is believed to be of German and English descent, having been created in the late 18th to early 19th century.
Variations of the surname Jackobi
The surname Jackobi is of Jewish origin and was derived from the Hebrew name Jacob (“may God protect”). It is believed to have come from the Latin name Iacobus, or and ultimately from the Hebrew Yaakov. It has been recorded in various forms including Jacob, Jacobi, Jakob, Jakobi, Jacoby, Jakobson, Jacobson, Jacobsen, Jakobsen, Jacobe, Jakobe, Jacobee, Jacobus, Jacobeus, Jacobo, Jakobowicz, Jakobus, Jakoby, Jacombs, and Jacubek.
Variants spellings of the surname Jackobi include Jaccobbi, Jaccobi, Jaccybe, Jacleybo, Jakcoby, Jakobbey, Jakobbi, Jakobbie, Jakobey, Jakobei, Jakobey, Jakobie, Jakobii, Jakobyi, Jakobi, Jakopbi, Jakopey, Jakoppei, Jakubey, Jakubbii, Jakubbi, and Jakubie.
Surnames of similar origin to Jackobi include Jacobi, Jacobson, Jacobs, Jacoby, Jacobszoon, Jakobsen, Jach, Jakobansky, Jakobeck, Jacobovitz, Jache, Jacobian, Jakobov, Jacobowitz, Jachimowicz, Jacobsohn, Jakoby, Jacox, Jakubowsky, Jakowski, Jakovlev, Jacobus, Jacobsen, Jacot, and Jaccard.
In Jewish families, Jackobi and its variants and related surnames refer to descendants of the biblical patriarch Jacob and represent some of the most common Jewish surnames.
Famous people with the name Jackobi
- J Wash Jackobi: Actor, writer, director, and creator of critically acclaimed indie feature film Michael & McGee, which has won numerous awards.
- Tommy Jackobi: Football player who has represented the US on the international level.
- Henderson Jackobi: Professional basketball player who has played on several teams in the NBA, from the Atlanta Hawks to the Oklahoma City Thunder.
- Lucy Jackobi: Renowned singer/songwriter who has released several chart-topping albums and singles over the course of her career.
- Ava Jackobi: Star of the hit ABC sitcom “The Neighborhood”, which has been nominated for multiple Emmy and Golden Globe awards.
- Ross Jackobi: Bestselling writer and producer whose works have been featured in some of the biggest Hollywood blockbusters of the decade.
- Ashley Jackobi: Influential YouTube vlogger and social media star who has amassed a large following through her content.
- Jack Jackobi: Leading video game designer responsible for a number of successful franchises, such as “Mortal Kombat”.
- Nick Jackobi: Academy Award nominated actor, best known for his leading roles in the films “No Country For Old Men” and “August: Osage County”.
- Jamie Jackobi: Award-winning actress, model, and dancer, who has appeared in multiple plays and movies, as well as in numerous advertisements.